The Conscientious Home - Poll Results
Traveling by bicycle (or other self-powered vehicles) is an excellent way of combining a need for daily exercise with saving fossil fuels in your transport. What do you consider a reasonable bicycle commute? (One way.)
|Less than 2 miles.||(19.08 percent)|
|2-5 miles.||(36.42 percent)|
|5-10 miles.||(23.7 percent)|
|10-20 miles.||(8.67 percent)|
|I'd commute to the moon by bicycle if I could.||(12.14 percent)|
Poll posted 8/24/2009.
Poll ends Eventually.
View results of previous polls:
- Of these five choices, what best describes your own commitment to the environment and green living? (ended 7/5/2008)
- Going out for a drive by yourself? One of the biggest wasters of fossil fuels you can find. But public transit or carpooling can sometimes cause major inconveniences in your life. How much time are you willing to sacrifice every week for the sake of committing to public transit? (ended 4/30/2008)
- In the heat of summer, many areas suffer from severe heat and drought. When your lawn and garden is suffering, how much water will you give it? (ended 10/1/07)
- It's winter in Minnesota, and February 2nd is predicting a high of -3 degrees Fahrenheit. That's pretty cold. Heating costs are a major use of energy in this kind of climate. If you live in a cold climate, what do you prefer to heat your home to? (ended 5/1/2007)
- The end of the year is a major period of changeover in the US government. Elections, "Lame Duck" terms, and finally replacement of offices. Naturally, my thoughts turn to 3rd party politics. And here's the question: Which of these parties do you think has the strongest chance of developing into a serious contender in the political arena over the next 20 years? (ended 1/1/2007)
- Each state levies a variety of taxes on gas. If state or federal governments were to institute a tax dedicated to environmental repair on fuel, what do you think you would be willing to pay? (ended 11/01/2006)
- Recently, Ford has withdrawn their pledge to build 250,000 gas-electric hybrid vehicles by 2010. They cite an intention to adopt a broader array of technologies, including ethanol based engines, as a substitute. Do you think it's advantageous to diversify our use of fuel sources in this way? (ended 09/01/2006)
- Walmart has recently publicized their intention to "Go Green" - do you think they'll carry through on their promises? (ended 07/01/2006)
- Do you compost your biological wastes, either for your own garden or to deliver to a public composting facility? (ended 04/30/2006)
- Do you think this site is a useful resource? (ended 01/31/2006)
Poll software by Joe Dolson. More information at his website: Simple Poll using PHP and MySQL.